Covers negligence committed by a professional health care provider resulting in harm done to a patient or patients. This arises when the doctor, nurse, dentist, technician, hospital or hospital worker’s performance of duties deviates from what is considered standard for those with similar training and experience.
- While diagnosing
- When giving treatment recommendations
- When prescribing medicine
- When conducting surgical operations
- During other medical actions
- Covering costs of defending lawsuits related to such claims